Phone: +420 602 684 426
email: jtulach (at) netbeans (domain) org
work: jaroslav.tulach (at) oracle (domain) com
|2015-?||OracleLabs. On a quest to make the world's fastest VM via Graal and Truffle.|
|1999-2010||NetBeans Platform architect at Sun Microsystems. Primary focus APIs, APIReviews, later Performance.|
|1997-1999||Founder and initial architect of NetBeans|
|1995-1997||Initial member of student team which started Xelfi which later turned into NetBeans|
|1992-1998||Master degree in computer science at MFF UK. Specialization: compilers and data structures.|
NetBeans founder and initial architect who remained (after being acquired by Sun) with the project for next fifteen years. Passionate about leading teams into projects nobody thinks can succeed, overcoming all obstacles and bringing them into production:
- NetBeans IDE - first IDE for Java written in Java
- NetBeans Platform - first Swing based modular application framework
- NetBeans performance - speeding NetBeans 6.1 startup by 60%, eliminating memory leaks, improving scalability
- Netbinox - changing NetBeans architecture to support OSGi by creating the fastest OSGi framework on the planet
- JDeveloper - rebasing years of development on top of NetBeans Platform to gain startup speed and share functionality
Publications & Conferences
Rich Client Programming: Plugging into the NetBean Platform - contributed few philosophical chapters to book about NetBeans Platform.
- Able to use debugger to analyze behavior of own or any foreign system
- Typing fast without looking at keyboard
- Thinking fast, yet concluding slowly/carefully
- Knowledge of classical languages (especially Java, but also C & etc.), functional languages (like Haskell) and logical languages (e.g. Prolog).
- Knowing a lot of about API Design and almost everything about API Design in Java
- Understanding general implications of modularity, especially in Java.
- Designing process for API Reviews which allowed NetBeans to design APIs in a committee style and still keep consistency.
- Designing, advocating and implementing parallel integration which greatly improved productivity of NetBeans developer teams
- Enabling, promoting and advocating test driven development to increase quality of NetBeans code base
- Czech - native
- English - fluent
- Russian - can read
- German - survival level